The market for brewing systems : Anarchy and very bad service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The market for brewing systems : Anarchy and very bad service

If there is ONE good supplier for a brewing material, I am really sorry I didn't meet you yet.

That is incredible to see the size of that market and to face that there is no professionnal people to take it correctly.

I'm in beer business since 5 years (In other business since 21 years) and I am stunned to see that it is never easy to closed a deal quickly and easily. $500,000 of material later, it's still like nobody care: No answer, no call back, half of an answer, sold before advertised, not really for sale, don't know what kind of steam generator can fit with the kettle they build...

Sorry, I'm wrong a bit. There is one supplier who knows his material and take the time to answer. He's just more than the double of the price compare to the second more expansive...

As you more or less said: There are good ones, but you get what you pay for - as in any industry.

Comment

I was not talking about a good or a bad hammer.

I'm talking about a fonctionnal brewery for less that $500,000 with incredible bad service and the same capacity installation for a budget over $1,000,000.

I can't believe, there no middle possibility. The material exists. It's an human problem.

Comment

investigating the industry

LeRH-
        I have seen what you're talking about. A company that produces great equipment but severely lacks in the customer service department. I have been researching this industry and do see room for improvement. Currently, I am investigating the potential to import less expensive new brew equipment for small to medium sized craft breweries. This involves visiting manufacturing facilities and negotiating contracts to ensure a steady supply of equipment as well as replacement parts. I would like to hear from folks in the industry about their experiences with equipment manufacturers and/or suppliers.
        Steve
        Stevenson, WA

Comment

Talk to Rob at Premier Stainless. He is what you are looking for. Great quality equipment and equally as good customer service.

Cheers.
          Ben
          Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, LLC

Comment

I second and third Rob

Josh Brewer

Comment

Good service, twice as expensive?

There is one supplier who knows his material and take the time to answer. He's just more than the double of the price compare to the second more expansive...
              Just curious, who are you referring to here? A p.m. would be okay if you'd rather not post it publicly.

Comment

Growth will cool off and their tune will change...

Because of the 'boom' in used equipment many suppliers are providing less thna stellar service. With the recent rise in ingredient prices coupled with a absolute lack of availability the used equipment guys are going to slow down for a few years until the ingredient situation corrects itself.

I bought Chinese fermenters from one supplier and they were delivered in very poor shape. Thread size of leveling feet weren't correct for fermenter legs. It cost me more than $600 to fix and the BASTARD that sold them to me couldn't be bothered to deal with it. Equipment provided like butterfly valves, pressure gauges etc. were either rusted or inoperable, or both. Do you want to know who? PM me and I'll provide the name of who NOT to deal with. I'd post to the forum but I'd probably get sued and would rather not pursue the legal angle of slander as it might cost me more in legal fees than the cost of the initial 'loss'. So, BUYER BEWARE or have really deep pockets!!!
                Last edited by Tash; 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM. Reason: poor spelling

Comment

Working...
                X