Oxine Sanitizer [ClO2 (Chlorine dioxide)]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxine Sanitizer [ClO2 (Chlorine dioxide)]

I was sick of my tanks still smelling like iodine when i start putting product in them. I recently started using oxine, and love it. I am still trying to get my usage rates figured out.

my oxine is 2% ClO2 (Chlorine dioxide)
    my activator is phosphoric acid
    recomended usage is 1 part activator to 16 parts oxine with a PH of 2.2-4.0
    my chem rep suggested ph of 6

Is anyone else using oxine? if so, how much of each do you use to how much water & what ph range do you shoot for?
    Jeff Byrne

Chlorine-dioxide

we use Dioxy-chlor from Birko and following the USDA guidlines we run minimum 150 PPM in our sanitizer rinse this comes out to about 20 grams or .75 ounces to a bbl of water we run 2 BBl of water and about 4 ounces of mixed Dioxy-chlor to that amount, to make a stronger solution and ensure a good sanitize cycle.

Laughing Dog
    P.S.
    we use granulated citric acid (food Grade) to activate and have absolutly no issues

Comment

oxine

I've just started a new brewmaster job here and I found a canister of Oxine to be used for sanitizing. Have never used it before, previously I used Peracetic acid. It seems to be quite efficient however - at least on the producer web site. What seems promising is that I can use it overnight or on the weekend to pack my wort cooler for example, something I couldn't do with peracetic acid before.

Comment

Working...
      X