Desperately seeking rhizomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately seeking rhizomes

I had contacted Hop Union about getting some rhizomes and I was placed on a waiting list. I have tried contacting Puterbaugh Farms but I have not gotten a reply. Is there another hop producer that provides rhizomes? Or should I say even has rhizomes?
    Mark Duchow
    Brew Master
    Short Fuse Brewing Co.
    Chicagoland
    "The best beer is FREE beer"

Re: Hop Rhizomes

Try ebay, there are a number of sellers there. I got some just last week after calling Hop Union and being told that they could put me on the waiting list but don't expect to get any. Happy bidding......
    Bill Madden
    CEO and Brewer
    Mad Fox Brewing Company
    Northern Virginia
    703.380.0622 cell

Comment

Try Fresh Hops
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

i second freshhops. not sure how many you are looking for, but I got a few two weeks ago, no waiting list.

Comment

Sweetness!

Thank you for all your help, Freshops is the way to go! I placed my order and got all the rhizomes I needed.

Thanks again!
          Mark Duchow
          Brew Master
          Short Fuse Brewing Co.
          Chicagoland
          "The best beer is FREE beer"

Comment

I had a recent bad experience with Freshops,

I'd been talking with them for 5 months about getting rhizomes to Japan, was told no problem, and then when it came time to order, was suddenly told no dice, and that they weren't sending me any. My request/plea for them to reconsider was never even answered.

I had already invested a considerable amount of time and effort based on their assurances that it could be done, and was then brushed aside like yesterday's spent grains. They'll never have my business again.

In looking for additional rhizomes, a homebrew store owner told me that Freshops was not honoring their supply agreement because they wanted to make more money selling them at retail. Bad business.

Surprising, given all the positive feedback they've had.
            www.devilcraft.jp
            www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

Working...
            X