Malta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malta

Anyone serve malta over their bar at their brewpub? House sodas (root beer) are common, but never seen malta. Seems like such an easy thing to do!

For those saying "what the heck's malta": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_%28soft_drink%29

Have you ever tried the stuff before? I have had the German Malzbier before and just about threw up because of the taste! Maybe the stuff I had was a bad example, but I personally was not a fan of the stuff. I would be curious to see if anyone is serving it and having success, if so I may have to give it another try!

Comment

consideration

I have considered it as it is very popular here on the island...I will probably try it with one keg on tap at the bar. Probably all I have to do is fill the keg with hot unhopped wort then perhaps mix it with a few other ingredients and cool and serve as a specialty drink.

Comment

edm -- I didn't say I was going to *drink* the stuff -- just sell it

Comment

Just curious, when I had it I equated it to perhaps the German's "Root Beer" and I didn't like it. I have never met a German who likes Root Beer so I just figured that was the case with Americans and Malzbier, but who knows that was a while ago that I tried it.

Comment

Working...
          X