Wort Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wort Clarification

I was wondering what people are using for Wort Clarification. At my previous place of employment we used Whirlfloc and I was very happy with it. Brewer's supply group has 3 Whirlfloc products listed and I am not sure what is the best. It says Whirlfloc G is better for batches of 40 bbl or more and I am running a 20 bbl system, has anyone used this on smaller batches? The Whirlfloc BWS says you have to hydrate it before use, that seems like it could be a pain in the ass! Is there anything else that people would recommend? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks- Eric

I like Whirlfloc G the best. I have used it on brewhouses of varying sizes with great results; 250, 40 and 10 bbl systems. I really like the non-hydrating aspect. I used Whirlfloc B years ago (now BWS?) and it worked well but it was not as easy to use due to hydration and clumping.

Good luck!
    Mike Jordan
    Brewmaster
    Boxing Cat Brewery
    Shanghai, P.R. China
    michael@boxingcatbrewery.com

Comment

Mike- Thanks for the reply! I figured it would not be a problem to use Whirlfloc G on a 20 BBL system I just wanted to through it out there and see if anyone knew why it would be. Thanks for you input!

Comment

Working...
      X