Thanks to Diamond Knot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Diamond Knot

This post is a little long but I think it provides a good testimony to the kindness and generosity exhibited by the people that make their living in the craft brewing industry.

Let me start out by saying the discussion boards at ProBrewer are an invaluable tool not only for operating breweries but for those opening a new business. We are in the planning stages of opening a 5,000 sq. ft. brewpub and I have made several postings to ProBrewer with my questions. I have received numerous responses and all have been insightful and helpful. However, I would like to tell my story about one special response.

In steps Brian Sollenberger or, per his log in name, Diamond Knot. Brian responded to a question I had regarding locating our steam generator and glycol chiller. His response was outstanding, so I decided to check his personnal profile and noted he had posted around 300 times to the ProBrewer discussion boards and his brewery was in the general area of our planned brewpub. I also noted he was for hire and since I was looking for some consultation during the planning stage I decided to read all his posts. Needless to say I was impressed. I sent a PM to Brian and asked if he would be willing to help us out. To that end and many personal emails later, Brian provided a complete review of our floor plan and operations layout, business plan and financials. His insight into the brewing operations and the running of our business was a godsend. We were a little sideways in our planning to the extent the business would be in jeapordy. With Brian's help, and let me simply state it was a lot of work on his part, the ship has been righted and we are on our way.

So, thanks to all you folks and a very special thanks to Brian of Diamond Knot Brewery. Without his help, consideration and knowledge we would have been headed for failure. This is an expensive business to play in and it's nice to know people like Brian are out there and willing to share in thier expertise and knowledge.

Thanks Brian and Diamond Knot!!

Right on!

Admin

Comment

Ditto

I have been working with Brian as well on and off for the last couple years. He has been an invaluable resource. He is about the sharpest guy I've ever met and truly has been key to my new brewery's success.

BTW he has two first class facilities and makes a killer IPA.

Thanks Brian!

Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

There's a lot of love on ProBrewer! I, too, had a few short conversations via PMs with Mr. Sollenberger and I have to agree that he's a pretty sharp tack. There are a couple of other "gems" around here, too. Larry Horwitz, Linus Hall, David Pierce, Charlie Schnaeble (forgive the spelling), and a few others who just aren't coming to mind right now. Someday, I'd like to be on a level with these guys as brewers, businessmen, and contributors to ProBrewer.

Rock on!
        Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
        Strangeways Brewing
        2277-A Dabney Road
        Richmond, VA 23230
        804-303-4336
        www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

Working...
        X