Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Careers w/breweries

Hi all,

I'm an sales professional in the advertising industry but am in the process of figuring out in the Craft Beer segment is an ideal home for me to continue my career. My experience beyond being a craft beer enthusiast is 3 years of homebrewing and the ultimate goal of my wife and I is to open up a small micro brewery back in our hometown.

Essentially I'm wondering if any sales folks out there could give me a brief synopsis of their experiences working for breweries directly vs working for distributers. Frankly I'm more drawn to selling on behalf of the breweries due the ability to more closely align myself with a brand I am passionate about vs having to sell a catalogue of products in which I may have faith in only 30% of core product. Any opinions are more than welcome.

Cheers!
    Brian

hmm

no feedback given..is this not the ideal forum to look for such specific feedback? If not please do recommend a website/resource which would be better. thanks, Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BrianM
      no feedback given..is this not the ideal forum to look for such specific feedback? If not please do recommend a website/resource which would be better. thanks, Brian
      This being a brewers forum there are not a lot of sales people on here buy they do drop in. Be patient, brewers tend to check the site daily, sales people less frequently. Drop a PM to cardsfan1 he is the only sales guy I know.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Experience

Brian,

The only thing that I can suggest is getting as much experience in beverage sales as possible, no matter what the product. Your comment about microbrew vs. distibutor is understandable, but beggars can't be choosers. Get you feet wet and continue to refine your marketing concept, business plan and mostly, your sales skills. Your homebrewing experience is good, but the sales end of the business will make it or break it.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys! Good thoughts to ponder, will continue to chip away as the marketing plan and tightening up the beverage sales experience.

Cheers,
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X