material cost per batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• material cost per batch

I was looking for some general information on the cost of producing a 5BBL and a 10BBL batch?
    What is the going rate for malt/s, yeast, and hops at these batch sizes.
    Thank you for the help.
    Cheers
    Craig Zubris

Material Costs

It isn't possible to answer this question as there are a number of variables that will affect cost. Any estimate would be just vague enough to be useless. Shipping, recipe formulation, import vs. domestic are just a few.

I'm not up on current hop prices either - although I do understand that they are up as of late due to crop pressures and underpricing over the last decade or so.

Costs for a 5Bbl or 10 Bbl batch are the same per Bbl. You would have to get more into the 40 or 50 Bbl range to see any economies of scale.

If you really want a good estimate I recommend buying a brewpub brewer in your area a beer and picking his/her brain a bit.

Comment

Material Costs

Most costs associated with the brewing aspect can be found at two sites:

JVNW (JV Northwest, Inc.) is a manufacturer of stainless steel tanks/vessels, mixers and systems. Made in USA.

I know that these are “general” and really not too specific. Like, Cargill Malt stated, there are a lot of variables. You should be padding these numbers and plan for the worst on all your figures. It is better to have excess than it is to have something unexpected.

How I did my research is, on a base, is your brewery consultant. He/She would be the best “expert” to ask these questions. Second, I would go to your Brewmaster. He would be able to have the “economies of scale” and the experience to adjust the prices for the batches.

And lastly, you can copy and paste or get the advice from others, but nothing compares to doing the cold calling. You will find these answers. I must have made a thousand phone calls regarding the packaging, shipping, malt, hops and equipment.

Good luck and contact me privately if you need more….

Mahalo,
      Bryan

Comment

Working...
      X