Point of sales software/hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of sales software/hardware?

Any Publicans have recommendations for a point a sales software program and hardware?
    We know quick books but they directed us away from purchasing their POS software.
    Interested in:
    One station-Touch screen-Key Pad-Mouse-Credit Card service-Wireless bar code scanner for inventory-XP-Potential to breakdown a sub tenant account and their separate sales-Intuitive user interface-Top notch tech support
    Budget....max $4000

thanks ahead of time

cheap ones aren't good, good ones aren't cheap.
    most restaurant guys swear by it, but frankly I really don't find them worth the thousands of dollar they go for, plus the pain of licensing and programming...

I think for about $1200 you should be able to get ONE set of single station, with printer, cash drawer, touch screen, credit card reader, and a bar code scanner with a relatively modern CPU running windows XP.

I played around with openBravo POS for awhile -- intended for touch screen systems. not the fanciest thing under the sun, but very powerful and, free.
    you can even link the database with their ERP program, and do all the financial analysis and customer database... etc.
    Our mobile POS system enables stores to deliver better service and more personalized experiences. Full web, responsive and offline resistant.

Oh, hardware wise, Micros, Radiant, Posiflex are all quite nicely put together. (spill / temper proof, etc.)
    but I really have seen some places with a $250 old style cash register doing just as well...
    Last edited by jarviw; 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

POS systems

I use Radiant or Aloha at all three of our restaurants. It's great for getting real-time reports on just about everything from product mix, sales, inventory, labor etc... It really changed the way we do business. For a single station it runs about 8K with back office kitchen printers etc...I see a lot of people over do it on these things though. Depending on your size you might only need one or two station. I generally put one station for every 75 seats or so. Good Luck!

Comment

Details?

What size pub are you operating? How many seats? Are there different areas of the pub that would require separate POS stations? You will get bare bones stuff for only $4K, I can tell you that right away. Just like Jarviw said, I have fellow restaurateurs that have purchased cheap systems and they are a constant headache. The good ones are a nightmare, so I can't imagine the terrors of a cheap one! Remember, the best POS is the one you've never used! I will not recommend the system I have, which has won awards for being "innovative." If my current POS company doesn't get their #@*& together, I will go with Aloha if I open another location. PM me if you want details of my current system.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

Working...
        X