Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the US election winning beer?

Simple question.

What do you think is the best beer to salute the US Presidential Election for 2008?

Bu..uh Mill....uh Coo....uh what else, Sam Adams.

Cheers

el

Comment

I don't think this election is worth a beer toast. 200 Million adults in the US and McCain and Obama are the best we can come up with? Maybe next election

Comment

Zima.

All marketing, no substance.

Gregg
        Gregg

Comment

Cynical

Without being too cynical, I guess anything's better than Bus(c)h.

Comment

Pretty cynical responses folks.

Opportunity knocked......

Are beer folks really this ??????????????and full of such lack of hope that the potential of a better future by a US Presidential election doesn't inpire anybody??? Even for fun??

Really????

Not a marketing or discussion opportunity???

Really???

Has anybody seen the images from around the world over this US Presidential election?

I think somebody might just be missing something...........or keeping quiet.

Enough with the negativism- it doesn't sell a thing.

Comment

more cynical....

Carbon Cap Ale.........

Low carbed and high priced do to energy costs and CO2 emission taxes.

Comment

wyncoops in denver had an Obaminator Dopplebock during the GABF

el

Comment

Originally posted by wildcrafter
                  Enough with the negativism- it doesn't sell a thing.
                  Do not be so negative about negativism.

Gregg
                  Gregg

Comment

So how did the Half Moon Bay Alection(with the beers showing candidates names on labels) pan out? Who won?

As far as naming things, I thought that happy thoughts tend to sell more products...no??

Who's gonna be first with a "Bar Rock-N-Ale"?....

......or an "Obama-Nationale"? (maybe you'd have to spell it "Obamanation Ale"?).........or???

Comment

Purple State Pale Ale
                      ........"Lets be Freinds!"

Comment

Blue State Pale Ale

Murphy and I provided beer for a fundraiser here in Copenhagen and Mike was pouring a cask of his American Pale Ale - renamed: Blue State Pale Ale. And, watching Iowa, Ohio, and New Mexico go Blue... I must say this name was quite apt.
                        Folks here are certainly excited to have Obama as President...

Comment

Last I saw, Obama was running away with it at Half Moon Bay.
                          Kevin McGee

Healdsburg Beer Company
                          Sonoma County, California

"Because this town sure didn't need another winery."

Comment

I gotta go with Goose Island Nut Brown Ale

All politicians are nuts...
                            ...and Obama's a brown guy from Chicago (I write this with respectful humor)

-BTW i was in Guadalajara on election night and i had my friends here in the states texting me with the electoral counts. When i got the CNN breaking news text message that he had won and announced it to the bar everyone applauded.

On a sadder note, that same evening an hour after we took off from the Mexico City Airport, Juan Camilo Mourino's (Mexico's "Vice President") plane crashed just outside the airport killing everyone on board and many on the ground.
                            So if you feel so obliged, raise a cerveza or some anejo in their memory.
                            Last edited by Jephro; 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM.
                            Jeff Byrne

Comment

Celebratory suds...

We hosted a debate watch party here in St. Louis at our Taproom location and, in order to keep the peace, we decided to note all of the candidates-some better than others.

We made up tap handles for the evening: Palin Pale, HefeBiden, Baracktoberfest and Mavrick American Pale Ale (we couldn't come up with a good riff on MCain given the beer we had on tap at the time).

The idea was so popular we made up t-shirts featuring Baracktoberfest and Palin Pale. I believe the Baracktoberfest ended up selling the most, though we didn't really see it as an unofficial poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X