sustainable brewing info from Sierra Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sustainable brewing info from Sierra Nevada

I just ran across this info in my research on sustainable brewing practices and thought some of you might also be interested:

Brewing a Successful Sustainability Program: A Case Study from a California Brewing Co
    Friday, November 21
    9:00 am PST / 12:00 pm EST / 5:00 pm GMT

Cheri Chastain, Environmental Sustainability Coordinator for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., will share how Sierra Nevada has moved almost 100% off the electrical grid, how CO2 and heat are recycled back into the plant, how recycling solid by-products and vegetable oil can become profitable, and how to make transportation of goods less environmentally impactful.

Net Impact

I just realized that you have to be a Net Impact member to join in (which I am). Professional membership is only $55/month and $30 for students. I'm happy to post notes if anyone is interested in the topic but can't attend. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Maria

Comment

I am interested in how they achieved all this, perhaps a few details posted here would be good for everyone interested in sustainability.

Thanks

Comment

notes and correction

I'd be happy to provide some notes afterwards.
        Also, I had a typo in my last post - the $55 and $30 fees for Net Impact are annual, not monthly. That's what happens when you try to post to forums and attend class online while sitting in a brewpub

Comment

notes coming soon

The talk was interesting - S.N. is doing quite a bit in the sustainability realm and it's quite impressive. Most of the info can probably be found on their website, but I will writeup my notes and post as soon as this school quarter ends (2 more weeks). Sorry for the delay.
          Also, the talk was archived on the Net Impact site and is available for members.

Thanks,
          Maria

Comment

Working...
          X