Brewpub Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewpub Specs

What would be the smallest Sq footage be to operate with a 5 barrel system with the footprint upstairs,and everything else downstairs.
    Ken Landin
    Crossroads Brewing Company,Inc
    21 Second Street
    Athens,NY 12015
    518-947-9443
    www.crossroadsbrewingco.com

That's a loaded question boss...The search button works great too! I would start by visiting successful 5 bbl (I assume you mean brewpub with a system that small) pub that has roughly the same style/tempora your business plan designates. How many turns, how many tables, average ticket based on menu and beer cost, etc... Lots of stuff to think about here.

Comment

Here's a ballpark number

Ballpark number from www.soundbrew.com

Average pub brewery plant with in-house sales only=.06-1.0 SF/BBL/Year (not including restaurant)
      Minimum brewpub size requirements: 3,000 square feet in retail area with ample parking and/or high foot traffic

Not being an expert in brewpubs, but based on threads in the past, a 5 bbl system will not affect you spacewise that much vs. a 7-10 bbl system.

Bueller?

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn
        Ballpark number from www.soundbrew.com

Average pub brewery plant with in-house sales only=.06-1.0 SF/BBL/Year (not including restaurant)
        Minimum brewpub size requirements: 3,000 square feet in retail area with ample parking and/or high foot traffic

Not being an expert in brewpubs, but based on threads in the past, a 5 bbl system will not affect you spacewise that much vs. a 7-10 bbl system.

Bueller?
        I love when equipment brokers throw out those numbers.

I set-up my first brewery, a brew pub, in 350 s.f. 15 bbl. brewhouse, hot/cold liquor tanks, 3-15 bbl. uni's. My filter, serving tanks, chiller, kegging wer all done on a lower level.

My second brewery, also a brew pub, 380 s.f.; 15 bbl. brewhouse, 3-15 bbl. uni's. 2-7 bbl. uni's.

If you put some (okay alot) of thought into the flow of your process, you can build a very efficient operation into a small space.
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Thanks Dave

Those were the answers and numbers I was looking for !!

Cheers
          Kenny
          Ken Landin
          Crossroads Brewing Company,Inc
          21 Second Street
          Athens,NY 12015
          518-947-9443
          www.crossroadsbrewingco.com

Comment

Working...
          X