Beer got warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer got warm

OK, don't slam me too bad here. Had a cooler go down and it had 36 hours to warm up. What would you do? (All in kegs not a lot of beer but....)

Cool it down, check for clarity and taste and sell it. Retain a few kegs for spot checks as storage life may be impaired. Ship the kegs to a fast market for quick consumption.

Comment

What was the highest temp the cooler interior reached?

Comment

warm beer

off the scale. I'd say at least 80 degrees. There is also several cases of bottled beer. (not mine) the cooler will be fixed today. I guess I will just taste the beer before I re-tap it. What's the worst that can happen?

Comment

Not to worry

Just like everyone else, I say taste the beer and continue to sell it if you can. But, if it is bad, take the hit and dump it. It might also help to pack ice around the kegs.

Also remember, we have almost no idea what happens to our beer once it is on a distributor's truck. So, this is your chance to see how well your beer handles a bad situation.

Greg Mills
          Sleeping Lady Brewing Co
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

That's what I was thinking, how bad is this in comparison to your beer sitting on the shelf at roof temp for two months?!

Comment

Working...
              X