Brewery workers arrested in after-hours caper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery workers arrested in after-hours caper

I thought this might amuse: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...reakin11m.html

Drunk #1 "The bars are closed, where are we going to get more beer?"

Drunk #2 "We could all just go home!"

Drunk #1 "Na, I know a place that's open all night and has all the beer you can drink, for free!!"

Drunk #2 "OK, let's go!!"

There are three more to add to the list of the unemployed!!

Comment

That's the thing about alcohol: it all seems like such a good idea at the time

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgourmet
        That's the thing about alcohol: it all seems like such a good idea at the time
        and it makes you handsome, irresistible to the opposite sex and if you actually brewed the beer you receive double bonus points.
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Another case of "craft" gone big, when your employees don't respect the company you have both a moral and a management problem.

Comment

Originally posted by South County
            Another case of "craft" gone big, when your employees don't respect the company you have both a moral and a management problem.
            Well Stated!!

Comment

I love the Friday, Saturday overnight shift, you think you are alone and in comes 3-4 people heading to the employee beer stash. Usually led by one employee giving an impromptu brewery tour after the last call.

Comment

Just throwing it out there... the brewery in question doesn't currently brew beer in this location. Remember this could reflect on all of us. I'd hate to see the politicos come down on brewers for something done by kitchen staff.

Comment

True headline would be "Restaurant employees get drunk at work after hours", not "brewery employees". They don't have any brewers there anymore! It was just some bar staff climbing in hitting kegs from what I can see. If that happened down the street at "Moe's Tavern", it would not have been "news".

-Beaux

Comment

Too much cake

Originally posted by beauxman
                    True headline would be "Restaurant employees get drunk at work after hours", not "brewery employees". They don't have any brewers there anymore! It was just some bar staff climbing in hitting kegs from what I can see. If that happened down the street at "Moe's Tavern", it would not have been "news".

-Beaux
                    At the brewery I used to work at, we called that "wanting too much cake". When non "brewery" employees got some special privelages, we likened it to giving them "some of the cake". Unfortunatly, most people ended up wanting too much cake.

I agree about the "Moe's Tavern" thing
                    Dave Fougeron
                    Southern Star Brewing Company
                    Conroe, Texas

Comment

I'm not sure which is more ignorant........the above statement or the knuckleheads getting busted boozing after hours.

Craft gone "Big" has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Merchant

I'm not sure which is more ignorant........the above statement or the knuckleheads getting busted boozing after hours.

Craft gone "Big" has nothing to do with it.
                        I would love to hear your intuitive counter argument as why my statement was ignorant.

I think my comment was concisely stated, If your management (HR) is doing it's job, it is not hiring people that would be likely to engage in questionable/illegal activities. If it was just one individual, we could chock that up to a character flaw that got missed in the interview and job performance. The fact that it was multiple employees shows a clear problem in management structure and respect for the company. This all to often stems from growing companies that have owners and/or shareholders that prefer revenue over sustainability and quality (hence the phrase "Craft gone big"). Is this infraction as serious as embezzling money?! no not really, but I would argue that anybody who owns a business and truly cares about it would be pissed.

Also I feel special that your one and only post was to correct me on my "ignorance"!

Comment

I guess I'm the ignorant one. So please make me smart.
                          What do you mean by "craft gone big?" And how is that related or causative of the now infamous "midnight caper?"

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Doyle
                            I guess I'm the ignorant one. So please make me smart.
                            What do you mean by "craft gone big?" And how is that related or causative of the now infamous "midnight caper?"
                            Look....quite a few other folks got exactly what I meant by that statement, not that it was meant to be anything special. If anyone didn't clearly understand that statement by my prerequisite post, than I do not know how else to explain it. However after a few minutes thought I should clarify that it was not meant to compare said brewery/brewpub or whatever to ABINBEV or the likes, however I think it also shows people have very different fundamental views on business.
                            Last edited by South County; 07-28-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I know you're statement wasn't "anything special" but I lost my secret decoder ring and could not decipher what you were talking about. Did you lose your ring, too?

Comment

Working...
                              X