Weeds??!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeds??!!??

How do you keep the weeds down??? i've got multh on one line but bettwen the rows is geting out of control. Any thoughts???

Landscapers cloth, but it's expensive; unless you're talking about your home garden.

Comment

Are you on a drip system?

Comment

Control the water they get by drip.
        Till in the alley, mulch heavy around the bines.
        Cut them down, if you have room to mow in alley
        Cover with fabric or mulch or cover crop with a great competitor (clover or alfalfa)
        Burn them
        Pull them or hoe 'em near your bines

And when at wits end, spray them.

Comment

Get the bines on the lines, pull out yer trusty weedwacker and get at it!! No excuses,,just do it! You can pull any errant weeds from the rows later. I just did it myself and yes,, it was not fun.

Best thing about weeding your hops is they seemed to have grown a few feet overnight!

I'm not sure what AlexisScarlett wants you to spray with,,,but it sounds pretty scarey!

Comment

Wait-- There are some regulated herbicides
            And NC Hiker has not declared his persuasion in farm matters so my advice is general. Not making judgement-- I never said go get roundup.

I forgot hire as many field workers as you can find to do all of the above. And flame weeding (despite cosuming fossil fuel) is the most fun!

Wildcrafter-- your hops are readjusting to CO, settling in, and making new friends completely organically! Visited with them yesterday and weeded!

Comment

Working...
            X