What can you say about your beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can you say about your beer?

So, what can you say about your beer that gets you press without big hassles? How close to the lines can you go for the sake of comedy/sales without upsetting authorities?

"Challenging a brokered peace"?

Ever push the edge and fall on the right side?

Let 'em whine

We're in an industry that pisses people off simply by existing. Somebody will always take fault with what we do, whether it is a name that refers to roads (as in the article), or a beer that happens to be as strong as some wines (a la Dogfish Head).

Most of us are pretty certain about what we stand for, I suspect. I know that I'm not for drinking that puts people other than the consumer in danger. However, we can neither control the externalities associated with beer, nor please people who are decidedly against our product.

"...so let the detractors detract; let the chips fall. But my truth will stand." US Representative Richard Poff. Seems to me that that's probably the best thing that we can expect to accomplish.

Keep on keeping on,
    Bill

Comment

press

Well in the case of Flying Fish brewery, it sure got them some more press and name recognition!

Comment

It's funny that this is the first thing that I see on probrewer when I log on today.

Casey Hughes
        Director of Brewing Operations
        Flying Fish Brewing Co.

Comment

I Try to produce the best beer I can

I say that my goal is to produce the best beer in the world. For the rest of the stuff here I try to stay out of it.

Graydon

Comment

I find the comments by the gal from MADD to be very telling:
            "Initially, that didn't satisfy Mindy Lazar, executive director of New Jersey's chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving. "The combination of a roadway and advertising for any kind of a beer doesn't make any kind of sense," she said.

But Lazar said Friday that she now understands that the brewery opposes drinking and driving, and she isn't so offended by the promotion."
            Notice she was against any beer having anything to do with a roadway, UNTIL she learned that the brewery was against drinking and driving (what brewery isn't against drinking and driving?)! Now suddenly is is OK??

Keep a close eye on what side of here mouth Ms. Lazar is speaking from!
            -Lyle C. Brown
            Brewer
            Camelot Brewing Co.

Comment

I heard a story that the original founder of MADD left the org. as it migrated/devolved to the neo-prohibitionist slag heap I perceive it to be today. I believe it. I've heard so much baseless drivel from them that it makes me sick to be any part of anything that they are remotely involved in.

Of course every sane person opposes drinking and driving. It's the sociopaths we need to worry about.

Not just the ones who drink either.In fact, we apparently need to worry more about those who don't.

Pax.

Liam
              Liam McKenna
              www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Working...
              X