Malting education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malting education

What malting schools/ courses are out there?

I am interested to hear about any schools, but am particularly interested in something with a shorter duration.

Thanks,

Wow I though at birth Canadians had the chance to go to preschool or malting school with snacks by CWB. So much barley! But I know nothing of canadian schools. But every decent brewing class has some possibility (like a day) of instruction and field trips. Hehehe

University of Montana has an offering in Malting Sciences

But Malting School is a rarity

Good luck and most learn by trying it!
    Colorado Malting Company might offer you a internship-- but you must have boots and a hat www.coloradomaltingcompany.com

<A>

Comment

Alexis,

That is Montana State University (in Bozeman) that has a malting barley breeding program, and not University of Montana (Missoula). The rest of the World may not care, but in Montana we have strong feelings about one or the the other.....

Comment

right-- whoops! Careless typing

Yes I much understand the caring about the difference. Didn't mean to rile anyone up! Colorado State U. (Fort Collins) vs University of Colorado (Boulder) are very different in very different towns.
        Some don't even want to talk to you if you went to Boulder

Also, carefully, North Dakota State has another cooperative program--

And CSU in Fort Collins is working on ?a malting programs in Food Sciences too. Of course all our tests already come from CSU

Apoplogies....

Comment

I worked with a guy with a Cereal Science degree. I think from somewhere in Minnesota. I would think that would about cover it.

Comment

Gambrinus Malting

I'd suggest that you contact Matthias at Gambrinus Malting in B.C.; I'm sure he'd know if there are any programs in Canada.

Comment

Check with Rob McCaig at the Canadian Brewing and Malting Barley Research Institute.

Comment

Malt Academy

The Malt Academy is the only facility in the Americas to gain experience in understanding the malting process.

The Canadian Malting Barley Technical Centre (CMBTC) is a non-profit, independent organization that was set up to provide technical assistance to the malting barley and brewing industries. The CMBTC also provides training and educational opportunities in malting and brewing. The Malt Academy is the only facility in the Americas to gain experience in understanding the malting process. Utilizing the state-of-the-art CMBTC 100 kg Pilot Malthouse and Joe White Micro-malting Unit participants will gain the theoretical as well as practical hands-on knowledge required to understand the malting process and understand its' effect on brewing and beer. The CMBTC also has two pilot breweries, one with a brew size of 3 hectolitres and the other with a brew size of 15 Litres.

https://twitter.com/MaltAcademy @MaltAcademy

Comment

Working...
                X