comments on our logo designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments on our logo designs

My partner and I have narrowed our company logo design down to two possible choices. We are having trouble deciding between the two and thought we would solicit some input from others. Since it doesn't appear that you can include images in the posts, the options can be seen at the links below.

Logo Option 1

Logo Option 2
    Last edited by khaborak; 08-31-2010, 10:34 AM.

Option 1 stands out to me...but both are good

Comment

Both are attractive. Option 1 has more pop though, IMO.
      Brian Brodkorb
      Mad River Brewing Co.

Comment

Option 2 looks a bit too similar to a friends logo. Check this link out, upper left hand corner.

http://www.centralwaters.com/

Under the "Our Beers" page, you'll see a few that are even more similar, especially the Irish Stout and Irish Red.

If you decide to go with #2 anyway, give them a call first. They are good people and may have no issue, since you guys are so far apart. I don't know what trademarks they have registered, but the last thing you need as a startup is legal issues.
        Travis Hixon
        Blackstone Brewing Co.
        Nashville, TN
        travis@blackstonebrewery.com

Comment

Are you guys going to be in downtown Savannah? I love that area. The guys at Moon River encouraged us to take a beer with. It is legal to walk around with a beverage there.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

If you and your partner are truly on the fence about which logo to use, perhaps you should run both by the companies you'll use to print your growlers, pint glasses, t-shirts (don't forget embroiders charge by the thread-count), etc. See which design will be cheaper.

my two cents.....

Prost!
            Dave

p.s. I like the first one!
            Glacier Brewing Company
            406-883-2595
            info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

I am curious what the pros/cons are for each one between you and your partner? I personally love the psychological aspect of choosing the right logo. I mean, in the first one (which I like) you have the crane taking off in flight in all its majestic glory. And you have surrounded it with bright midday sunshine. In the second one (also nice) you have it chillin' and gazin' at the setting sun. So, I guess what I am saying is, which one matches your personalities best? Are you a couple of 20/30somethings ready to take on the world, or is this the thing you've worked towards for decades and are finally getting the chance to realize the dream. Both stories are attractive and endearing to people and both logos are great representations of it respectively. I don't know who designed those images for you, but I like the way they approached the task!

Cheers and good luck!

Adam Lamoreaux
              Linden Street Brewery
              Oakland, CA

Comment

For what it's worth, my FOH staff on duty right now unanimously (group of 6) prefer #1.

Me too.

Pax.

Liam
                Liam McKenna
                www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

I vote for #1.
                  Troy Robinson
                  Quirk Brewing
                  Walla Walla

Comment

Another "yes" for number one.

Comment

I like #1 with the gold for sure. Reminds me of golden hops,,,which I think would fit quite nicely. 2 cones. Guess my hop passion is speaking.

Comment

No wonder...

...they are both very nice. The second one seems subdued and pleasant, maybe the sun is setting behind the crane and it remindes you that your at the store to buy a beer and relax. The first is striking. Both are great but I would vote for the 2nd.

Comment

Thanks for all of the comments everyone. We liked the first because it had more pop, but we liked the second because we felt that the relaxed mood it depicted would go better with the serene coastal settings we plan on having for label art.

In the end, I think we are going to go with the first based on the feedback we got here and from others (including some friends who are designers). Most people just thought it was more stiking and memorable than the second. Thanks again for taking the time to provide your input.

Comment

Working...
                          X