Table Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Tap

I have been looking at the Table Tap system for our brewpub. Does anyone use these now and recommend them? The site: http://www.tabletap.com/

This holds about 2 pitchers of beer and allows a table to have their own tap for a group. It does not hold pressure and works by gravity flow. Looks like a cool marketing device, but not sure if it works in practice.

Anyone have experience or thoughts with these? Thanks
    Seth Gross
    Head Burger Flipper & Beer Tester
    Bull City Burger and Brewery
    Durham, NC 27701
    www.bullcityburgerandbrewery.com

Thus music on the website is a bit overwhelming, but I think this is great stuff. No experience with it, but I have seen similar units.

I guess it's also about your customer base - if it's a bit of a younger crowd, this is very appealing and allows you to do some sort of special. The older crowd might turn their noses to such tomfoolery.

I guess my only 3 questions are 1) the breakability of this - plastic or glass? 2) how to clean the damn thing (who has a 4 foot dishwasher?) 3) how long does the reusable shell need to 'recharge'?

Comment

Hey Seth,

Never used those exact ones but have been to a bar where they have some that look like this: http://www.beertubes.com/p-107-conic-black.aspx.
      -The positives: The coolness factor is definitely there. It also gives the impression of "fresh" draft beer compared to a pitcher.
      -The negatives: The beer seemed to come out a bit foamy in the beginning (probably due to the higher pressure), but otherwise it was fine.
      Overall, they definitely beat using pitchers and look much cooler but the cost is pretty high. Another thing to consider is what to do if people break one. At the bar I went to, they took your credit card and charged you $30 if you broke it to help cover the replacement cost. The one you showed from tabletap.com said it had a "cooling shell." From my experience, our beer in the non-cooled one didn't get warm but it might be useful if you have some slow drinkers. Hope this helps!

Cheers!
      Kaskaskia Brewing Company

Comment

Thanks for the link and good insight Jared. If you or Seth would like additional information on Beer Tubes, I would be happy to help!

Einhorn, I will gladly address all your questions as well, all easy answers!
        Steve Lerner
        Beer Tubes
        Director of Business Development
        steve@beertubes.com
        614-769-1569

Comment

A brewpub in town tried them, they did not last long. Very hard to clean properly and easily broken.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

There are many options in Tubes; some are commercial quality and others may break easily. Some are easy to clean and others are not. Look for a Beer Tube that has removable and interchangeable parts to solve cleaning and parts issues plus one that is made of the highest quality materials for bar & restaurant use. Let me know if I can provide you with additional information. . .
            Steve Lerner
            Beer Tubes
            Director of Business Development
            steve@beertubes.com
            614-769-1569

Comment

Working...
            X