Lab Technician; Harpoon Brewery Boston MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Technician; Harpoon Brewery Boston MA

01 Feb 2011 Update: While I work on contacting everyone who has already submitted a resume for this position I would like to ask that no more be sent (for the time being). I will reopen the request for resumes after I speak to everyone who has already gotten in touch up to this point. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
    Jaime

The Harpoon Brewery currently has an opportunity for a full time QA/QC Lab Technician at our Boston, MA brewery. The successful applicant will have a 4 year degree in chemistry, biological sciences, food technology, or a related field. Previous experience in Quality Assurance/Control, as well as experience with analytical chemistry (GC/MS) or microbiology is preferred. Critical attributes include good organizational skills, good communication skills, a can-do attitude, and love of great beer.

Responsibilities will include analysis of raw materials, in-process beer, finished beer, and production techniques at all steps in the brewing and packaging process, including sensory analysis of beer and beer ingredients. You must be able to work together with other members of the quality and production staff to identify critical quality points and help generate solutions. This is a lab position that will include time interfacing with brewers, cellarmen, filter operators and packaging staff, but it is not a brewing position. Hours will be Monday-Friday and some flexibility with regard to shift will be required. Occasional weekend project work may crop up but this will be the exception.

The Harpoon Brewery offers competitive pay as well as excellent benefits, including health insurance (Company pays 75%), dental insurance (Company pays 75%), 401(k) (Company match typically 50%), long-term disability insurance, possible inclusion in the Harpoon Incentive Plan, and a European Beer Culture Trip for qualified employees.

Cheers,
    Jaime

Jaime Schier
    QA/QC Manager
    Harpoon Brewery
    Last edited by jschier; 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM.
Working...
X