what to do with out of code bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with out of code bottles

What do people do with out of code bottles? do I have to bite the bullet and uncap each one and pour it down the drain?
    thx

Know any gardeners? Beer's great for slug control and in compost piles. "Down the drain" is just a waste.

Comment

Give it to employees or build a still!

Comment

Fill a dunking booth and hold a fund raiser with "Dunk a Brewer" or Police officer or Revenue agent!

Prost!
        Dave
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

What do you mean by out of code - Aged?

I know of a distributor who simply sells the aged product at a discount to certain stores. These stores (mom and pop type shops) just pass on the discount to customers. I have purchased many cases of cheap product this way, and have yet to come across any issues with quality.

Most breweries seem to date product so that it is unreadable by anyone but the distributor/brewery. That way, if quality is still good, keep selling. If it is degrading, pull it.

Comment

We self-distribute, mainly because we don't want out of date beer in any store anywhere. Cheap, stale beer isn't good for anyone. We have our sales team pull beer a few weeks before it goes out of date so we can sell it at the pub, our busiest account. Any beer that actually goes out of date(3 months), we transfer to the kitchen and they cook with it.
            Paul Thomas
            Brewer
            Sockeye Brewing
            www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Got any ethanol plants nearby? I'd wager they'd buy it from you, as they're only interested in the alcohol. I've seen ads in trade mags from brokers that that buy out-of-code beer. Or go the nano-distiller route - potential gold in them thar spirits!

Comment

drink it!, you made it......
                www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Make beer vinegar or mustard.

Pax.

Liam
                  Liam McKenna
                  www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Working...
                  X