Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Open Fermenters

Howdy All,
    I was wondering what are people's cleaning/sanitizing regimines for open fermenters/dairy tanks.
    I assume it's a lot of manual scrubbing/spraying.
    What chemicals do you like (considering the manual nature) ?

I've been brewing with conicals, using caustic (NaOH) for cleaning, and chlorine dioxide for sanitation.
    Starting my own operation, got some retro-ed horizontal dairy tanks I'm excited to use, but curious to clean

Thanks for any info.
    -Gerard
    Gerard
    Forest and Main Brewing Company

Does your open fermenters have a stainless steal top if so you could get a saintary welder to weld a tc spray ball to do a spray down, or you can just scrub it down with some caustic then spray it down with a sanitizer before you knock out in the it.

Comment

We have stainless lids, but they don't seal (just loosely fitting)
      There are actually ports for spray balls.
      I wasn't confident that they'd be able to reach the end walls of the tanks tho.
      Gerard

Comment

post a pict so i can see how long they are to better understand how to clean them.

Comment

Ours looks similar to this guy; without the top ports on the right, and loose fitting lids on both halves
          Attached Files
          Gerard

Comment

well i think welding on 2 spray balls at either end of the fermenter with a spray ball ar to attach a hose for cip's should work just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X