Great Dust Vacuum Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Dust Vacuum Anyone?

I have heard of squirrel cage motors that move about 100 cfm through a plenum. Right now I am noticing dust seepage at various points, mainly the 1) auger downshute into the mill 2) the mill (roskamp 2 row) 3) grist bin after 1600# 4) grist auger.

Solutions I have come up with so far
    1) for the grain auger out of silo--really sealing this up well, but then the grain begins its decent towards the mill and builds up speed rattling around the galvy tubing we have. I am contemplating a series of 45 dgree elbows such that the grain "spirals" down, rather than "drops" down into the mill

2) covering the top of the mill with a sheet of cardboard, cutting out a 2" hole, and having a vacuum suck up any dust in gthe fore-mill chamber.

3) a vent hole out of the grist case with a vacuum on this as well

4) again a sloping 45 twisting grain entry point into the fore-masher.

these 45 degree "spirals" work really well for the grain put my vacuum is nothing more than a shop vac. Its dangerous (not rated for explosion) and the filter clogs like crazy. Further the exhaust isn't 100% dust free....suggestions anyone for a top of the line "Grain dust vacuum" without installing a centralized "dust collection system" for an 8,000 sq foot brewery?

CHEERS
    DEREK

We've been dealing with John Cassa of ABM Equipment Co. Inc./A-1 Scale Sales & Service in Portland OR on the installation of a grain handling system with dust handler. This would be right up his alley. He's been great to deal with.

Contact phone: 503-248-0711 <www.abmequipment.com>
    Clarke Pelz
    Cynosure Brewing

Comment

this guy looks like the fricken man. I wish I contacted him in the beginning, thirteen years ago!!! Thanks for the help. Cheers
      DEREK

Comment

Grizzly dust collector

We use a shop dust collector from Grizzly http://www.grizzly.com/products/2-HP...peller/G1029Z2. It's what a lot of people use for dust collection in wood shops. It's been pretty effective for us. You could probably use one of the lower HP models (and lower $$). I got this one at a garage sale and we have to choke it back significantly to keep from sucking in grain as well as dust.
        Last edited by sbradt; 12-30-2011, 01:27 PM.
        Steve Bradt
        Regional Sales Manager
        Micro-Matic Packaging Division
        Eastern United States and Canada
        sbradt@micro-matic.com
        785-766-1921

Comment

Working...
        X