Gender specific packaging considerations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gender specific packaging considerations

I was having a conversation yesterday with a brewery owner and head brewer of one of our area's breweries when they asked me which beers they should consider putting into bottles. Right now they don't bottle anything and their beers are really only available at their little pub is a relatively remote little ski town. They do the standard assortment of IPA, Stout, Scotch Ale, Pale, Red and a Lager but they also have a Ginger-Lemon Wheat beer which is probably their flagship.

Like most brewers they are planning to package in 22 oz bombers when they launch their bottle program but I suggested that they do the wheat in 6 packs because those likely to pick up that beer in the store are far more likely to be female and my experience as a retailer tells me that women almost never buy bombers for themselves.

My question is have any of you considered this sort of data when deciding what sort packaging one of your beers would be sold in? Does my assertion regarding women ring true to anyone else?
    Owner
    Grind Modern Burger
    PostModern Brewers
    Boise, ID
Working...
X