Need Rogue Brewmaster, 6-figure compensation package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Rogue Brewmaster, 6-figure compensation package

For 24 years John Maier has been on the Rogue brewery floor in rubber boots n’ overalls creating and brewing World Class Beer. John can’t do this forever. We need the next John Maier. Come be Rogue’s Brewmaster.

This is America’s greatest brewmaster job, as we’ll let you brew what you want, use whatever ingredients you want, as long as you create unique World Class beers.

The Rogue Brewery is in the beautiful Oregon coast beach community of Newport, a fishing community in which our brewery sits right on the bay looking out to the Pacific. Gorgeous.
    We have a Newport fisherman’s blue collar work ethic; work hard, work fast, break a sweat, work smart.

We’ll offer a 6-figure competitive package for a World Class Rogue. Also medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacations, pet insurance and a whole lot of fun.

Are you good enough to lead the Rogue Revolution? Prove it!

Reply to mike@rogue.com
    Or call anytime…541-961-5030
    Last edited by Jack Spratt; 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM.

Still Looking...

Still Looking...

Comment

I worked for John in the mid 90's... love John, Jack and the rest to death... I would love to come back... family concerns keep me in the Southeast at the moment though or I would be all over this...

Comment

If only i could convince the wife to move to the states. Is there no one in the States that wants the Job or are they just being really really hard when it comes to apllicants.

Cheers
        Glenn Harrison
        Head Brewer
        Hargreaves Hill Brewing Company
        Victoria Australia

Comment

I think it's just large shoes to fill!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Harrison
            If only i could convince the wife to move to the states. Is there no one in the States that wants the Job or are they just being really really hard when it comes to apllicants.

Cheers
            Glenn Harrison
            Head Brewer
            Hargreaves Hill Brewing Company
            Victoria Australia
            I'm pretty sure that the resume they are looking for needs to be fairly impressive. There are not many people who can take that job and make it their own. If I was 8 years in as a brewmaster and not less than 8 months... Man.

Comment

Problem for Rogue is that anyone with the kind of experience they want, is probably already a successful brewmaster somewhere else. Getting someone to give up a position they have essentially built to inherit the challenges that brewing at Rogue represents may be quite difficult.

Best of luck to you guys at Rogue. Best to look in house.

Comment

I know I would love to learn but so would everyone else.

cd
                Caleb Dwiggins
                Five Sons Brewing & Bottling
                Macon MO.

Comment

2nd that

Originally posted by Scott M
                  Problem for Rogue is that anyone with the kind of experience they want, is probably already a successful brewmaster somewhere else. Getting someone to give up a position they have essentially built to inherit the challenges that brewing at Rogue represents may be quite difficult.

Best of luck to you guys at Rogue. Best to look in house.
                  I think this is the case in many breweries that are opening today. If it's not a guy leaving a brewery to do his own thing, most breweries seem to be homebrewers going pro in their own small facilities.

I think that hiring experienced brewers is difficult when the demand for talent is so high.

Comment

...and many of us who feel (delusional we may be) that we could fill John's shoes are happy and vested in the outfits we are with. So you either get a guy willing to jump ship for more cash (not my choice, Kimosabe) or someone who has a dying great aunt who lives in Newport and wants to be near them. Or an equally unlikely scenario.

I'm personally surprised they don't promote from within. There have GOT to be some pretty amazing people already working there.

At any rate, I hope they find someone who fits the bill. Instant superstardom for the right guy/gal!

Comment

Working...
                    X