CIMEC spares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIMEC spares

I have just purchased a used CIMEC 12/1 filler and capper, and am searching for a source of spares. For some reason, I can't find a very direct CIMEC contact, and at this stage am reduced to going through Prospero in the USA (I'm in Australia) who then get to CIMEC through one of their contacts, which to me is a very round-about way of getting spares!

If anyone using CIMEC machinery can please give me a direct contact back to CIMEC in Italy, I would appreciate it...

(by the way, I found out the hard way that <www.cimec.it> is NOT the right company!)

The www.cimecitalia.com site is not bad but unfortunetly only the Italian language site is working.

I have dealt with a number of Italian machines and found a good option for spares. I took a sample of every gasket, O-ring and rubber part and sat down with a local rubber suppler in the area and he was able to source or manufacture virtually every piece.

I took every stainless spare (fill tubes, fill valve, etc...) and sat down with a local machine shop and he was able to source or supply every piece.

Bottom line is I felt I had control of my supply and maintenance programs which leads to peace of mind. I wasn't waiting for a part through an uncaring supplier which was two months out of Italy or Germany. It was much cheaper in some cases and the same in others but was no more expensive to do.

Comment

I was never able to find an alternate contact for CIMEC parts either. In my experience with Prospero for CIMEC parts you definetly are better off having a machine shop that specializes in stainless make your parts, than have to deal with many long unproductive phone calls only to get the wrong part several weeks later. I sourced all of my gaskets, o-rings, and seals through a local supplier or even ordered online. Whenever possible I replaced parts with readily available alternatives (relays, switches, motors) which also saved us from maintanence headaches, and reduced our PM costs later on. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X