PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Epoxy floors?

kugeman
06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
We have epoxy floors and after 2 years of duty they're starting to show some wear & tear. We're a small brewpub so fork lifts etc... aren't a problem. But unfortunately our floors aren't properly sloped, so I have some high traffic areas that are often wet (usually with condensation from the brite tanks).

In these areas in particular I've got some weird staining or growth on the floors. A scrub brush doesn't really seem to touch whatever it is. Its not particularly "slimy" but it definitely has some texture to it (if you touch it with your hand you can feel where the gunk is raised up from the floor).

I've attached a pic in case anyone has any clue how to safely clean this crap off of epoxy. Another brewer told me to steer clear of bleach products on the epoxy. I've only ever had concrete floors, so this is a little new to me.

Any help is appreciated!

jerrymcmahan
06-26-2012, 02:50 AM
If the epoxy manufacturer is known, you should contact them for advice.

In general, DILUTE bleach solutions, 1:10 or less, can be used on epoxy provided it's well rinsed afterward. A less risky option would be a quat like benzalkonium chloride, again properly diluted. There are also a lot of commercial cleaning products out there that claim to be formulated for epoxy. At our lab, the maintenance people use ordinary floor cleaners and equipment on epoxy surfaces and there have been no problems in the last 10 years or so.

kugeman
01-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Sloping the floors isn't an option in this case. But I have had some success removing the gunk/staining with 1:10 dilution of bleach and a scrub brush.

Cascade Floors
01-24-2013, 06:46 AM
You should be able to pressure wash your floors with hot water and any type of chemical you use in your brewery. We have clients that will take caustic clean there tanks and let it fall on our floors. Let that sit for about 10 min then scrub the floor and hot water wash down or hot water pressure wash the floors.

Anything I can do to help. Just email or call. Cheers!!!!

Chris Klein cell# 541-510-1080
Chris@cascadefloors.com
www.cascadefloors.com

GreggWilliams30
01-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Sloping the floors isn't an option in this case. But I have had some success removing the gunk/staining with 1:10 dilution of bleach and a scrub brush.

Good luck! Cleaning floors are a pain. Pressure washing your industrial epoxy floor (http://www.surfacesolutionsusa.com/) may be your best solution.