Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a assistant brewing position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a assistant brewing position.

I am inquiring if a brewer position is available for a Brewing Company. I am passionate about beer. I have had the opportunity to be an assistant brewer at a Quarter Barrel Brew Pub and Bar, which is a nano-brewery/brew pub, for 16 months in Oxford, OH and have been a homebrewer for 6 years. While at Quarter Barrel I brewed on a Newland 1-Hectoliter brewhouse part-time while going to Graduate School at Miami University for a master's degree in Zoology, studying beneficial insects. Last December, I had to quit my job as an assistant brewer to finish up writing my thesis. I know that this is not a job for someone with a master's degree, but this is something that I love to do as a homebrewer and while I worked at the brew pub. I am turned off by the world of academics and want a more positive atmosphere with something that I love to do. I decided to take the chance and make a drastic career change. Ultimately, in the future, I do want to put my skills that I achieved with my master's degree to work and have a job with a brewery that grows it's own hops, grains, and other locally grown herbs and produce, so that I can apply my skills of Integrated Pest Management, as well as brew.

I have a lot of experience working in extreme conditions (very hot and humid conditions), hard labor, and working in a lab behind a microscope. I am a hard worker and it shows with completing my master's degree with a part-time job at the brew pub. I am a prolific reader and consume knowledge about brewing in books, magazines, and blogs. I also have a lot of computer skills and I am a fast learner. I have designed beers for the brewery and have made beers that has won awards in homebrew competitions, kept detailed records of raw material, and cleaned the equipment extensively (mostly by hand). While I know that I will not help with designing beer, I desire to work for a brewery producing high quality beer, at the same time gaining more knowledge from other brewers.

Attached is my resume and I hope that you will consider my ambition to be a brewer. I have the ability to move as long as that move is not too expensive. I hope to get some leads so that I can submit an application to a brewer.

Thank you,
    Jason Nelson
    Attached Files
    Last edited by xcrunner78; 07-14-2012, 08:01 AM.
Working...
X