Geemacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geemacher

Wondering if anyone bought a sample and hacked it up to look at the welds from the inside.

Please sure if you have or have seen the inside of one of their kegs, pictures would be awesome.

Thanks!
    Little Deep Brewing Company
    Minot, North Dakota
    www.littledeepbrewing.com

Ive only ever seen the inside after removing the valve and spear, but it looked as it should. I know they were having some issues with the first couple batches they sold, but I don't think it was weld related. What is your concern? If the welds aren't sanitary?

Comment

Yeah I just want to make sure they are a nice sanitary weld. I know Franke has nice welds but I also saw a picture where someone hacked up a Franke for a homebrew kettle. The weld for the neck that holds the spear in was rusted on the inside on a newer keg.

I would feel better just using all Franke but the price difference is pretty big. We were also looking at the pub kegs as our state allows us to sell that size direct to consumers.
      Last edited by thatjonguy; 07-29-2012, 06:38 PM.
      Little Deep Brewing Company
      Minot, North Dakota
      www.littledeepbrewing.com

Comment

We bought 3 Firkins and 3 Pins from them. I was not happy with the welds. We still use them, just had to use a lot of acid.

Comment

magnets stick to them

I bought some geemancher kegs once and magnets stuck to them. You get what you pay for.

We buy new Franke kegs now. Magnets do not stick to them. We have not had any rust issues.

Sam
          Last edited by redlodgesam; 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

The mix they were using early on was definitely off, rusting in places, and I even saw a few that came back ruptured. But redlodge.sam is right, you get what you pay for. That being said we were told that they had corrected those issues. But there must be a lot of people buying them, I heard the money they made so far bought their pub a new brewhouse.

Comment

Working...
            X