NoCal Sales Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoCal Sales Volume

I'd like to find an approximation of the number of bbls of beer sold in Northern California. Any recent time period will do. While the BA provides information about bbls produced in NoCal, finding what's sold seems to be a tougher nut to crack. I can't seem to find any industry figures regarding regional sales volumes. Any ideas on where to look? Call a local distributor?

Contact the California Craft Brewers Association --

Comment

Department of Revenue

Here in Georgia, all distributors have to report sales monthly to the Department of Revenue (DOR). We also have to break it down by taxing authority so one can get sales data down to that level. The issue is that here we, the distributors, don't have to report brand level information so you'd have to do a little work to pull out only craft sales.

The suppliers are supposed to also submit numbers of sales to distributors but they always lag behind the retail sales numbers.

Our state beer wholesalers organization also collects sales numbers but you have to be a member to get the results back statewide.

Perhaps California's version of the DOR or the wholesalers organization might have the numbers you need.
      David Little
      Beer Consigliere and IT Guy
      Savannah Distributing
      david@gabeer.com
      912.233.1167 x102

I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.
      Humorist Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
      X