Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeerAlert website idea

Hi!

Being a web developer (and owner of my web dev company for the past 13 years) by day and brewer at night/wkds I had an idea that I would like to share to gather some feedbacks to see if its worth pursuing or not.

Being a nano brewery getting the word out about our availability and new release is tricky as we have to tell people to watch on our website for when a new beer is coming or what is available. Sure we have twitter and facebook, although majority of people have either/or most either dont login often, don't have it on their smartphones or simply have so much feed coming in that they miss out on a lot of stuff... that stuff could be a new release of ours!

So, looking at our brewery website I was about to add a mailing list sub form so people register and get alerts about new release and what is available. Then I had this idea of creating a website that will do just that.

Breweries would be able to :

- Register for free
    - Add their beers to the database
    - Post inventory/availability
    - Post news
    - Set specific date to send the alert so they can plan ahead and our system automatically sends it out at the date the brewery chose

Beer fans would be able to :

- Register for free
    - Add the breweries they want to receive alerts from
    - Manage their alerts

It's a very simple system but I can see it being very useful especially for small breweries like ours. It's has nothing to do about replacing twitter or facebook, it's a targeted system just like Untappd.

I don't really need a new online project to work on but if this would be useful for our industry, I will jump right in.

I see something coming to beeralert.com but I have no idea what it will be.

Feedback? Be honest
    Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
    www.CasselBrewery.ca
    Casselman ON Canada
Working...
X