Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewpub events during slow months

Hi,
    We're a micro brewpub located in the small college town of Ithaca, NY. When locals are staying in for the holidays and students are gone for winter break we are painfully slow (pretty much the whole week of January) I'm looking for any creative ideas for brewpub events that might encourage people to come down to the brewpub. We're thinking of trying a few beer/paired dinners, any advice on such a venue would be more than welcomed! Has anyone tried anything else that has worked out well for them? Thanks!

Several places I know of will host Trivia Contest nights, which seem to draw a crowd (whether a brewpub or just a plain ol' bar.)
    Kevin Shertz
    Chester River Brewing Company
    Chestertown, MD

Comment

Depending on the NY laws, you could deliver growlers to the homes.
      Keegan Malone
      Pinglehead Brewery

Comment

+1 for Trivia Nights.

We do a monthly Trivia Night where each team member donates to a local Non-Profit that we sponsor for the night (pass the bucket style), plus we give $1 of each of our beers sold to that NP as well. Pretty much fill the place every time and it builds community spirit.
        Cheers!

Jeff
        Carbondale Beer Works

Comment

We have movie night on Sundays, couple that with some decent beer and food specials and you can get a decent amount of extra traffic.

Comment

we have a live band come in once a week either friday or saturday.

Comment

Beer Dinners

I paired up with our events coordinator to put on beer and food pairing dinners during our slow months of Jan-Mar. We hold one each month on a slow night like Tuesday.

Our chef comes up with the food about a week ahead of time so we can sample it to come up with the best pairings possible.

On the night of the dinner, I usually spend a little time talking about general principles for pairing beer with food and explaining why we picked each beer.

They've been quite popular events.

David

Comment

I would ask what it is that you do during the busy times that you feel fills your place up and why its different during the break. Obviously having the students gone cuts the overall population in your area but Ithica isn't a small town per se so you should still be able to draw a pretty good crowd. I'd suggest looking at your business on a bigger scale and seeing how you can tailor your business to appeal to a slightly different demographic to stay busier through the slower months. You should be able to do this without alienating your current clientele.

As for something to bring in a crowd how about collaborating with other regional breweries to put on a beer festival featuring seasonal beers?
                Owner
                Grind Modern Burger
                PostModern Brewers
                Boise, ID

Comment

Working...
                X