Problem with drain and floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with drain and floor

I'm helping out with the practical part of starting a small brewery and we have some problems with the drain, floor and the water company.

There's only one drain on the floor, about one meter long, and that drain goes through an oil filter (the place was used for repairing cars previously), and then straight out to a nearby river.
    This of course makes it impossible to flush caustic, acid, desinfectants and what's left of the product while brewing and fermenting.

I suggested that all water and chemicals from CIP gets pumped to a tank located outside the building. That tank will be connected to the main sewer lines, so that's not a problem even if it's more work and more money involved.

The problem is that the the building is floor heated. Hot water lines are installed 15 centimeters under the floor and we have no idea where the pipes are located.
    So, we have only one drain pretty far from the brewing, fermenting, lagering, filtration and filling area.
    When floors are to be cleaned, it's alot of work pushing the water from one side of the building all the way to the drain.

The second problem is foam cleaning. The product I have looked at is based on sodium hypochlorite and sodium hydroxide. The foam is mostly water and air, but I'm concerned that it will cause problems when it enters the oil filter.
    Are there any other good foam cleaning agents that are more safe to use? The water company doesn't like the idea of even small amounts of foam that might end up in the river.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand me. Anyone have any suggestions how we can resolve this?

A diagram with some dimentions and placement of your equipment would be helpfull. Is there no access to the sewer connection at the other end of the brewery?

Comment

floor heating

You might be able to locate the heat line with a temperatue sensor. The Temp. will likely be slightly warmer above the water heat lines. You could mark them and then cut a drain between them. Also if it is pex in the slab, then it would be easy enough to repair if you did cut a line.

Comment

Floor slope

You could slope it with a pad on top of a pad. Or slope it with an epoxy material. Feel free to call or email me info I would love to lend some assistance.

Chris Klein Cell# 541-510-1080
        chris@cascadefloors.com
        Chris Klein
        Cell 541-510-1080
        Office (503) 769-6823
        WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
        chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Working...
        X