Portland Brewer looking for work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Brewer looking for work!

Hi, thanks for looking at this post! My name is Trevor Thurston and I've brewed on systems at the Alameda Brewhouse, Salmon Creek Brewpub, and at Portland U-Brew and Pub. I've been homebrewing since 1988, was an assistant at the Alameda, did some cellar work at the Portland U-Brew, and have produced beers under the Peninsula Beerworks title that included one called Outsider's IPA featured at Saraveza's Double IPA Fest. I have included my resume in-line for you to look at. I am very eager, willing, and knowledgeable! Cheers!

6923 N JOHN AVE PORTLAND, OR 97203

503-929-5454 TREVORSHANDCRAFTED@GMAIL.COM

TREVOR THURSTON

OBJECTIVE

I am looking for a position within the craft beer community that will help me define my passion for good beer.

FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY

I have been a homebrewer since 1988, worked as an assistant under Craig Nichols at the Alameda Brewhouse, serve as Events Coodinator and Competition Co-chair for the High Street homebrew club, and work Tuesday’s at Plew’s Brews.
    SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
    Homebrewer
    AHA member
    Brewed on systems at Alameda Brewhouse, Salmon Creek Brewpub, and Portland U-Brew
    Represented at Saraveza’s IIPA Fest 2011 with “Outsider’s” IPA
    Well-respected in the beer community, specifically toward recipe formulation
    Organized, Clean, Process-oriented personality

EMPLOYMENT

Assistant Brewer, Alameda Brewhouse 1996-1998
    Cleaned/ Sanitized equipment and kegs, helped with recipe formulation, brewed on a 7 barrel system, gave tours, picked-up materials, maintained inventory, transferred beer, and attended festivals. Turnkey Consultants 2005-Present
    Consultation work with Craig Nichols on brewery projects Plew’s Brews 2011-Present
    Beertender Wednesdays 12 to 6
    Thurston Beervents 2011- Present
    Run beer festivals at every level, from choosing beers to ordering glassware, artwork, promotions, etc.

Delivery and sales for Off the Rail Brewery 2010-2011
    Retail Sales for Homebrew Exchange 2010-2011

EDUCATION

Rufus King High School for the College Bound 1983-1987
    Portland State University, majored in Anthropology and Music

REFERENCES

Randy Plew 503-935-2942

Craig Nichols 503-314-9040

Morgan Torngren-Tatman 503-422-0650

Mary Rose Rugido Walker 775-742-2987

Additional Information

Just wanted to refresh this as I have left out some information. I was also involved in small production brewery venture this past year called Defy Brewing. I was the principal managing member and did all the background work for Defy. This included doing the plans to get city approval, all the licensing, recipe development and homebrewing of said recipes', and sourcing the equipment. Unfortunately, when my investors got fatigued with not being able to find a suitable location, they pulled-out of the project. I hope to speak with someone soon about a position or steering a start-up. Cheers!

Comment

bumping this up!!!

Comment

Believe it or not, I still have not been hired by someone!

Comment

Working...
        X