Beer Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Dinner

We are in the process of planning a beer dinner with a local place and was wondering what kind of serving size you all typically serve when you do a beer dinner.

We are planning 4 course dinner with 4-12 oz servings......for about $50 bucks. Do you think 12oz servings are too big? What size do you typically do on your beer dinners?
    Cheers!
    -Alan

I usually do 5 pairings with 8 oz samples as well as an 8 oz reception beer that isn't paired with food. 12 oz could be a bit much for a single course.

Comment

Just like Banjo I do 5 pairings with 8 oz samples as well as an 8 oz reception beer that isn't paired with food. I agree, 12 oz could be a bit much for a single course.
      Cheers,
      Mike Roy
      Brewmaster
      Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
      5123 Baltimore Ave
      Hyattsville,MD 20781
      301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
      @franklinsbrwry
      facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Comment

We usually do 5 courses of about 6 oz each for between $25 and $40 per person. We just wrapped up our Aphrodisiac Dinner where every dish and every beer included at least one ingredient that is considered an aphrodisiac. Everyone was completely stuffed and totally satisfied with just 6 oz per course.

I've been to dinners where they serve full pints and then full pints between courses. I was served 11 pints at one dinner and could barely stand.

I like the smaller sizes because it keeps everyone responsible and it keeps the courses moving a good clip. We schedule 3 hours for a 5 course meal and usually go a little bit over.
        Owner
        Grind Modern Burger
        PostModern Brewers
        Boise, ID

Comment

Working...
        X