angles of cylindro conical fermenters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angles of cylindro conical fermenters

HI friends, i was reading about cylindro conical fermenters and I found out that most people advice that the angle of the conical should be between 60 and 75. and my question is, when we have to use 60 or 75, relation between cylindro height and conical height is 3:1?Tx for ur help.
    Best regards
    DANNKEN

Generally speaking, the steeper (higher) the angle, the better. That being said, I personally prefer mirror surface finishes on the inside of the fermenter rather than steeper sides on poorly finished interiors. Not only is it easier to remove trub and yeast, it also aids in cleaning-meaning less time and less chemicals. I don't think there is any rule for diameter/height ratio, provided the tank is not too tall. Most times the angle would be dictated by the allowable height of the vessel. The higher the tank, the higher the hydrostatic pressure at the bottom of the tank and possible difficulties with proper yeast fermentation. I think most folks are happy with 60 degree cones, 75 degrees is very steep and may be too tall for any tank over ~ 30 bbl. Good luck!
    Last edited by gitchegumee; 04-03-2005, 12:17 AM.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
    X