Firkin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firkin help

any one seen this type of firkin? I am wanting to start using it but don't know where to start, its not normal. on the end there are two holes. one that has a long tube attached and the other is open(see dayliClick image for larger version

Name:	odd firkin end.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	193117ght through it). Anybody have a clue how to use it or where to buy parts to pour?

Originally posted by blacty View Post
    any one seen this type of firkin? I am wanting to start using it but don't know where to start, its not normal. on the end there are two holes. one that has a long tube attached and the other is open(see dayli[ATTACH]10234[/ATTACH]ght through it). Anybody have a clue how to use it or where to buy parts to pour?
    Thats not a firkin. It looks like a hoff stevens keg.

Comment

Originally posted by alanb View Post
      Thats not a firkin. It looks like a hoff stevens keg.
      I was also thinking Hoff Stevens, but the pic is so small I can't be sure what I'm seeing. Can we get a close up of the fitting on the top please? A larger pic would be helpful.

Comment

It'S not a hoff Steven if it don't have the lock down treads on the side.
        A hoff Steven tap valve is made of stainless that look like a nylon valve.

Comment

Pin Spanner Wrench

According to what I see in your picture it could be a Peerless Keg.

However, the part that has the 2 holes I compare it to a similar in a German Fissler keg that I own, it has two of it. I used a Pin Spanner Wrench to unscrew it. Try if it is threaded.
          I attached a picture for your help, see it next to the keg with a white seal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05708.jpg
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	190124.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05735.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	190125

Follow the link to see what you may need to pour beer.

Last edited by Fausto Yu-Shan; 03-14-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X