Brite Tank Fittings Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brite Tank Fittings Question

I purchased a 3bbl brite tank from brew-stuff.com. It did not come with fittings or any paperwork/manual.

This will be my first time using a brite and I have some questions regarding fittings/general process.

There are two TC fittings on one side, that I believe are for a sight glass.

A TC on the bottom that I believe is for transfer/filling kegs.

TC on the lower-right when facing that I believe to be for the carb stone.

I threaded fitting below the manway, is that for a thermometer?

On the top are 3 1.5" TC fittings, and one larger one. I assume one 1.5" TC is for a safety valve and one to use CO2 to push the beer, not sure on the third.

Can I please get some help as to what all those are for, as well as some best-practice tips for using the brite?

See pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brite_Front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	193133Click image for larger version

Name:	Brite_Front_close.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	193134Click image for larger version

Name:	Brite_Side.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	193135Click image for larger version

Name:	Brite_top.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	193136

Thanks
    Mike

The Top center is for the spray ball arm to cip the tank the others should be for PRVV. The others you spoke about are exactly what you think they are.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

For my clarrification, the large opening on the top is for CIP. One of the smaller is for PRVV, one is to attach CO2 to push the beer, and what is the 3rd smaller TC for?

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchtownMike View Post
        Thanks for the quick response.

For my clarrification, the large opening on the top is for CIP. One of the smaller is for PRVV, one is to attach CO2 to push the beer, and what is the 3rd smaller TC for?
        The center TC is where the spray ball should attach for CIP, one TC for the PRV and one for attaching CO2. The large TC would usually be used for dry hopping on a fermentor, though I don't know why a brite would have one.

Comment

10bbl BT

I have 2 10bbl brites from brew-stuff. There should be a threaded inlet center on top to screw the sprayball into that came with the tank. If your tank came with a CIP arm (mine did not) then that should attach to the middle top triclamp. I put my PRV on one of the two extra 1 1/2" opening and then just capped off the other one. The only reason that I could find for the 4" opening was to be able to screw in the sprayball...as long as you have thin arms, thats the only way to do it unless you have someone crawl into the tank. You also should have a sample valve on the side so that you can test the product before you keg, there is only one extra port on the bottom so you will have to have a welder put on an extra one for the carb stone, I picked up my extra 1 1/2" ports from glaciertanks.com.

This is a list of what came with the tanks (per tank)
          -sample valve
          -1 1/2" arm for the bottom with butterfly valve
          - spray valve
          -5 1 1/2" clamps with gaskets
          -pressure guage
          -4" clamp
          -sight level tube
          -thermometer

Things I had to add
          -CIP arm
          -PRV
          -1 1/2" cap
          -4" cap
          -Extra port on the bottom for carb stone and clamp
          -carb stone

Hope this helps, call me if you have any questions. I plan on running my first batch into one of these tanks this week.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
          X