Waste Water and Conventional Pollutant Levels Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste Water and Conventional Pollutant Levels Help

I posted this in the equipment forum, but thought that might not be the right place. Sorry if thats not ok. Anyhoo....

We are in the process of jumping through hoops with our town. We will have public sewer and a 3-4BBL system. Brewing 1-2 times a week.

I was hoping someone could help us estimate our waste water and pollutant levels. Here is what Sewer Dept. is asking.

-gallons per day that will be discharged. Ive read anywhere fro 5-10bbl per 1bbl produced.

-conventional pollutant levels anticipated to be including ph, BOD5, total solids, dissolved solids, TSS, total phosphorus, orthophosphate, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, oil and grease, sulfate, and sulfide, if any.

I realize that might be asking for a lot, but figured others have gone through this and might have this info on hand from their sewer dept.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

-Dave

What kind of packaging are you going to be doing? If you are not going to have a bottling line, you will save quite a bit on your water along with BOD and TSS. If you are not a member of MBAA, you should get a membership for the technical quarterly, there are multiple articles on this subject that you can use to justify your numbers. Our sewer dept. is willing to accept the following for strength:a. BOD mg/L 600-1200, COD mg/L 800-1600, TSS mg/L 10-60, pH 5.5-6.5.

Comment

Just Kegging. No bottles, except for the occasional limited release 750ml done by hand.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X