Beer Sales Consultants - Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Sales Consultants - Compensation

Recently we have been approached by a couple of "sales consultants" each with a unique compensation program to help promote both on and off premise sales. While I am interested, I was hoping for a more "pay for performance" model - a set price per case or keg sold (% of margin or % of sales). Is anyone out there doing someting simular (100% comission) and willing to discuss?

Thanks,

Steve B.
    steveb@cbhbrew.com
    860 201-7741
    ctbrewpub

Just remember that if a "consultant" cannot live on his commission, you will get huge turnover and dissatisfied customers who have to get used to a new person every few months.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.
    Last edited by einhorn; 06-05-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Commission

I use a base, plus car then a commission per case equivalent. My idea is that the sales person makes more on half barrels which is what I want him to sell rather than bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksmiths View Post
        I use a base, plus car then a commission per case equivalent. My idea is that the sales person makes more on half barrels which is what I want him to sell rather than bottles.
        Something like - $200 bucks a week + x% of gross sales. The 'x' depends on your size, strategy and willingness to invest in your growth.

Pax.

Liam
        Liam McKenna
        www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Working...
        X