Keg washer recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg washer recommendations

We're a small brewery in the Midwest ready to finally jettison our float of Hoff Stevens kegs.

I'd love to have some insight from you all regarding keg washers. My only experience is with the IDD Squire, which I liked ok. But, if I recall, it's a bit temperamental and any tech support was rather expensive - as were spare parts.

Any information on what you've used and liked, or didn't like, what to stay away from, what you found to be the best "bang for the buck", etc. would be much appreciated. We don't need a unit capable of racking or high throughput, just one that cleans and sanitizes in a timely fashion. We also don't have steam on premise.

Thanks in advance!

I use DME's two station keg washer and I'm very happy with it. It cost about $5000 a few years back. I can do about 10 kegs an hour with it. It's very simple to use and maintain. You won't really need any spare parts because it is so simply made. You could do a lot worse that this one.
    Scott Isham
    Harper's Brewpub

Comment

We have a little specific mechanical unit which has worked very well and is plc controlled like the squire, but has a built in heated caustic tank and pump. Paid about $7700.00 new in 2002.

Comment

Straub Brewery just switched to Sankey from Hoff Stevens. Beverage Machine out of Toronto makes some really nice equipment. Straub Brewery had a keg washer & racker custom made. I'm sure they could get you set up with something very reasonable.

The website...

Comment

Keg Washer Recommendations

We are in the market for a new keg washer, and I'd like to get some feedback from those of you who are happy (or unhappy) with yours. This is for a small micro. Specifically, I am looking for something that is automated (cleans and fills without throwing valves manually). Preferably without having to couple tavern heads on as well. I know APV made on like this 10 years + ago. And of course, I don't want to break the bank. Here are the manufacturers I have looked at so far: IDD, Beverage Machine, Premier Stainless, DME, and Specific Mechanical. The info in this thread, while old has been helpful, but please let me know if you have opinions on any of these of can suggest other models. Regards, John

Comment

We've used a IDD Mini-King plus 2 for just over one year an upgrade from a 1990's DME Sankey III. The mini-king is a bit tempermental at times but works great. It does require high flow co2 and air to operate. My second choice would have been the Bev Machine Co.'s Bull Dog. We went with the Mini-King plus 2 for its automation.
            Cheers & I'm out!
            David R. Pierce
            NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
            POB 343
            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
            X