Jockey Box sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jockey Box sources

I'm looking to put together a 3 or 4 tap jockey box for use at beer festivals. I was originally planning to buy all the parts and put one together myself, but have discovered that complete setups are out there these days.

Can anyone recommend a decent and cheap source for picking one up fully assembled, or if I go the DIY route, do you recommend a cold plate or a coil?

Thanks,
    Scott

2 handle Jockey Boxes are all over the place (do a Google on Beer Jockey Box). I reckon you could get two of the plates and stack them in one cooler and put 4 handles on it...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Try Foxx Equipment. They are offering Jockey boxes in their monthly catalog special.

Proost,
      David
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Jocky Box Suppliers

You might want to check out

Micromatic (formerly known as Johnson Enterprises)

or Banner Equipment Co

Both are great suppliers i usually bounce back and forth depending on their prices, though i usually end up ordering from Micromatic

brad farbstein
        real ale brewing co

Comment

The banner prices look good, I've been pricing them lately, they want $240ish for 2 tap aluminum cold plate with jumpers, faucets, etc. no couplers, tanks, natch...has anyone submitted for a wholesale price from Foxx?

Comment

Foxx

We use Foxx all the time for our draft system needs. Nice folks. In fact, we're placing an order this week. Their website stinks, however.

Comment

I like Banner's boxes - we have a two faucet cold plate jockey box that works great. Two 2-faucet boxes would be a lot more flexible than one four-faucet one.
              Linus Hall
              Yazoo Brewing
              Nashville, TN
              www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

jockey box

I bought one from Superior (www.superprod.com), which is a 2 tap with 50' coils for 200.00......and recently I purchased a 4 tap from rapids wholesale (www.rapidswholesale.com) for around 375.00, the 4 tap is a cold plate instead of coil.

Comment

Care and feeding of your pet jockey box

Thanks for all the sources everyone. After consider all my options (cold plate vs. coil, a 4 faucet vs. 2 x 2 faucet...), I went with a 4 faucet cold plate from Foxx. Their "special" price was too good to beat - and I agree, their website is dreadful.

I gave it a run at a small event yesterday and was amazed at its ability to chill beer at room temp - or better (actually, "worse"). Some modest foaming issues, but I expect to be able to address that with some ice on in the keg tub next time.

So, what's the best practice for care and feeding of your brand new jockey box? I feel like I should keep a sixtel of sanitizer around to run through everything before putting it away. Is there a better or an easier way?

Cheers,
                  Scott

Comment

Jockey box care

We have 6 single and 2 double jb's that we offer for an additional $20 or $30 w/CO2(single/double, respectively). At least 1 or 2 go out per weekend. When they come back, we rinse them with water and blow em' out with compressed air. They are cleaned regularly just like our draft lines. Otherwise, that's it. We always make sure the customer pushes some beer thru before adding ice to the box to prevent freezing of any residual water. As often as we rent them out, this seems to work the best without having someone spending an hour every week cleaning the littlle *#@!s At this point, they are all paid for many times over, which justifies renting them out.
                    Paul Thomas
                    Brewer
                    Sockeye Brewing
                    www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Working...
                    X