Enos cold glue labeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enos cold glue labeler

I've got an Enos 2000 cold glue labeling machine, and I'm having a tough time getting it to work properly. the North American rep for Enos is Crivellor, and they haven't a clue what to do with the machine (I even have a hard time getting them to sell me parts, and when they do, they aren't always correct.)

Does anyone out there have one of these? Has anyone out there used one in the past? I am looking for any good instruction books (esp. with pics) and or advice on the units overall operation.

I am a handy guy, and have the unit working, but it misses about 1 out of 5 bottles.

ps I am using casene cold glue, and have cleaned and reworked entire machine.

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Horwitz

Enos labeler

I am familar with the line but have not worked on one.
    It sounds like your issues are based in the fundementals and all rotary machines follow similar first principles. If it is an in-line machine than it is even easier.
    For application onto cold, wet bottles your choice of a casein adhesive is a wise one though I don't know the characteristics of the adhesive you're using (they vary widely and are much abused).
    My recommendation is to lay your hands on a copy of Krones 'Basics of Rotary Labeling' which is readily available and is probably in the library of a brewer near you. It is a fundemental look at rotary cold glue labeling that applies across the board and comes with great pictures and diagrams.
    As you may be aware, Italian equipment comes with truly bizarre manuals that at best are cryptic, are generally frustrating and always 'next to useless'. Spending any of your valuable time running down a manual for your labeler will probably result in dissappointment in the end and yes I agree with you, Criveller has rarely been a source of enlightenment on their products.
    If you cannot find a copy closeby, contact me through the forum and I will try to arrange to get a copy to you (I have learned that to lend a copy out generally means one less copy in my collection)
    Cheers

Comment

thanks Rob!

Thanks Rob, do you know who is publishing that book? I know exactly what you mean about losing your library, so I won't ask for your copy, but If you can think of a place I could buy one that'd be great!

I emailed Krones as well

Larry
      Larry Horwitz

Comment

Working...
      X