Best of Craft Beer Awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of Craft Beer Awards?

Anyone else get a post card on this? Thoughts? I sent a message through their contact page, will post with anything I glean from their response.

JackK

Yeah, got one too.

"'American's Newest Craft Beer Contest!' BJCP judging! And only $50 an entry! Be still my heart! Where do I sign up!"

I presume it's connected to Draft Magazine? Maybe it's just some person looking to have a killer party? (That would be hilarious!) You'll note that the nowhere does the flyer, or website, say like "OH BTW: you'll have to ship two cases of 22's per entry to the geographic opposite of wherever you are in the United States."
    In fact, it says basically nothing at all.

Course on the flipside, from a marketing perspective a medal is a medal...
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Russel,

Its out of Bend Oregon, so at least its in your neck of the woods....for what that's worth;-)

Comment

Hahaha, my neck of the woods in the same way that Milwaukee and NYC are to you, Sauce my friend.

Least it's the same time zone. *And for what it's worth, Bend kicks ass beer-wise.*
        Russell Everett
        Co-Founder / Head Brewer
        Bainbridge Island Brewing
        Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Bainbridge View Post
          ...on the flipside, from a marketing perspective a medal is a medal...
          True enough...though in the big picture, the folks running this thing do lose some credibility by using judging guidelines designed for homebrew competitions. LOL.
          Most brewers I know don't take those guidelines very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskusDelph View Post
            True enough...though in the big picture, the folks running this thing do lose some credibility by using judging guidelines designed for homebrew competitions. LOL.
            As a long time BJCP judge and a 18+ year professional brewer I have to take exception to this. Have you taken the test? Have you judged in BJCP sanctioned competitions? Believe me the GABF could do well to take their judging up to those standards. My biggest peeve with them is paying almost 200$ only to get back score sheets with little or no comments and often glaring inconsistencies and downright incompetence.
            If you taking about the Style Guidelines, I do agree there is plenty of room to debate both GABF and BJCP. Style is a ever evolving, but you need something to judge by or else there is not even a pretense of objectivity and its just purely organoleptic. However, Professional Brewers I know agree that these two are the standards for our industry.
            I haven't received this postcard, but it seems like another chance to win the right to promote your product. Also possibly someone capitalizing on the GABF's failure to accommodate all Brewers who want to enter. Personally I take the most pride in World Beer Cup medals.
            Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
            tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
            "Your results may vary"

Comment

I think the best ribbons are the Green ribbons.

You know, the ones with Benjamin Franklin on them.

We've won medals for our beers, but I can't honestly say it has had much effect on our sales one way or another. It's nice on a personal level to get validation for the hard work our brewers put into making the beers, and it is a nice perk to send some people from the brewery out there, but from a pure sales and marketing standpoint, I don't see the benefit.
              Linus Hall
              Yazoo Brewing
              Nashville, TN
              www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by lhall View Post
                I think the best ribbons are the Green ribbons.

You know, the ones with Benjamin Franklin on them.

We've won medals for our beers, but I can't honestly say it has had much effect on our sales one way or another. It's nice on a personal level to get validation for the hard work our brewers put into making the beers, and it is a nice perk to send some people from the brewery out there, but from a pure sales and marketing standpoint, I don't see the benefit.
                HEAR, HEAR!!!!!

Prost!
                Dave
                Glacier Brewing Company
                406-883-2595
                info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

[QUOTE=lhall;104282]I think the best ribbons are the Green ribbons.

You know, the ones with Benjamin Franklin on them.[QUOTE]

Agreed, That really is the bottom line isn't it.
                  Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
                  tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
                  "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by LuskusDelph View Post
                    I think that they are using some BJCP judges but the style guidelines listed are not the BJCP style guidelines. They look more like the Brewers Association style guidelines. The website doesn't have anymore information than the categories - no descriptions.

Comment

Working...
                    X