Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brite to keg questions

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker first time posting in this community.

I have some basic questions since we are new to owning a brite tank.

1.what keg is preferred using a brite tank. I assume the Sankey due to the keg keeping carbonation and the filling apparatus seems to fill quite quick. My concern being a nano cidery is time to take each of the sankey kegs apart and cleaning, ball and lock save me time and hassel off the bat. Is there a way to use ball and lock kegs and fill them from a brite tank while still retaining the carbonation from the brite?

2. After reaching out to quite a few retailers, they all seem not to really mind of which keg size. I personally did not think 5 G kegs would be in bars and restaurants. My question to other small nano breweries is, what is your keg diversity (Sizes and how many of each) just curious on this one.

Thanks everyone I am excited to be part of this community.

Regarding cleaning, check out this thread:http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...IY-Keg-Cleaner

Comment

Kegs are meant to be cleaned upside per the link. Find another craft brewer who is local, see if you can use their cleaner for a trade or a couple of bucks ago.

Filling, can be done easily with a line. Used to to fill 120 x 50l kegs a week with 2 lines, a ball valve and a keg coupler (assuming you have a pressurised tank). If not can be done via gravity ... number of ghetto methods there.
      Head Brewer Rocks Brewing Co.
      Sydney, Aust
      scotty@rocksbrewing.com

Comment

If you have a big enough CIP pump it's really easy to make a keg washer. We used to use our CIP pump for our 15 and 30 bbl fermenters to wash 5 kegs at a time. Some hose and some goodies from GW Kent/Micromatic and you'll be rolling in no time!

Comment

Working...
        X