Pilot system requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot system requirements

I'd like to use my former homebrew kit as a pilot system in the brewery. It's a fairly standard three-vessel, direct-fired, gravity-fed, RIMS system with converted 1/2bbl kegs as kettles. It's fairly similar to this, though I use natural gas instead of propane:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3tierpic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	193264

My concern is that it might not be "clean" enough to pass inspections. Any experience or thoughts would be welcome!
    Travis
    Meraki Brewing Company

What are these "inspections" that you speak of?

Looks fine (and better than what I'm doing) to me! RIMS to "traditional" mashing might affect your process and scaling, though. I don't know much about RIMS.

Cheers- Mike
    Last edited by MikeS; 10-17-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I expected a brewhouse inspection to be a part of the state licensing process. Is that not the case?

We're not in operation yet, by the way, and aren't licensed, so I'm not yet familiar with the legal processes aside from what I've read and heard.

Interesting point on the scaling, but that's a bridge to cross when we get to it!
      Travis
      Meraki Brewing Company

Comment

I'm on the other coast, but the only thing I would wonder is if the local Health Department has any jurisdiction on the premises. Unpainted wood in many places is a big no-no for "food" handling facilities. Of course, that can vary between Counties, Towns, and even the people who do enforcement. Hope it works out for you!
        Kevin Shertz
        Chester River Brewing Company
        Chestertown, MD

Comment

Working...
        X