Pectinase in dark cherry beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pectinase in dark cherry beer

Would it be helpful to use pectinase in a beer though it as been already cold crashed? Much of the pulp as stayed behind when beer was racked off but beer is still "thick" I guess time would do the work but I wish I cold speed up things a bit

Cheers!

Ben

Pectinase will help clear pectin haze (forgive the rhyme), which occurs if you add fruit in the boil.

It sounds like its not haze but cherry bits floating around in the beer. You might try gelatin or isinglass, but I don't think it will help with particles of that size...
    Kyle Kohlmorgen
    Process/Automation Consultant
    St. Louis, MO

Comment

The answer to your question is yes. The haze your seeing is likely pectin from the fruit and it won't settle out over time. Add the pectinase and it will brighten up significantly in just a few hours. We put pectinase in all of our fruit beers usually after they've been cold crashed and we let it sit overnight then filter/transfer the next day.

Good luck.

Comment

Dosing rates for pectinase

Originally posted by froptus View Post
        The answer to your question is yes. The haze your seeing is likely pectin from the fruit and it won't settle out over time. Add the pectinase and it will brighten up significantly in just a few hours. We put pectinase in all of our fruit beers usually after they've been cold crashed and we let it sit overnight then filter/transfer the next day.

Good luck.
        How much pectinase are you using? Oz weight or Oz dry volume/bbl would be great. The package we have says 3/4 tsp per gallon for fruit wine...

Comment

Working...
        X