"EcoKeg" from Australia-Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "EcoKeg" from Australia-Problems

We've been pretty used to filling our stainless kegs with a keg coupler. There has been a change to a plastic keg made by Eco Keg, an Australian company. we've tried to fill it the same way, but it doesn't seem to fill properly. We get about 1/4 full and then pressure seems to stop flow, even though we've depressurized the keg prior and it should "in theory" work the same as our SS kegs (excess gas gets exhausted as product goes in). We've even used a pump to push it in, but we still get resistance and we stop quickly after (too dangerous). Manufacturer has been less helpful than I'd like.

Anyone else have experience with these kegs or this problem?

Is there a different Sanke tap in Australia that maybe works a little differently (even though EcoKeg says no)?

Sanke is the same as a D-Type fitting, this is the SAB Miller/Fosters format that the original EcoKegs were designed on.

I always find the d types have a bit of give in the coupler, unlike the standard flat top or a-type I normally use. Hence why some keg cleaning equipment have a foot to hold down the keg and ensure a proper connection.

Only issues I have had with these is the occasional leaker and they do not take any rough treatment in shipping.
    Head Brewer Rocks Brewing Co.
    Sydney, Aust
    scotty@rocksbrewing.com

Comment

Thanks for the insight!

Comment

Working...
      X