Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty super sack (2000lb)

Hello everyone,
    Our brewery goes through approx 2 super sacks of base malt per week. Our local recycling won't take them. I'd rather not be filling the landfill with these, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to do with them. I've tried giving them back to our supplier, but they aren't interested. Any ideas are welcome. Bouncy Castle?

Contact Riverbend Malting in NC, they might need some extra bags.

Comment

We could use a few of those sacks if you are willing to ship them.
      timmber1@gmail.com
      Thanks
      Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an artist friend who used to make stuff out of old onion bags, she is in Wisconsin now so too far from you. Surely in Asheville you could find some artists to make messenger bags, backpacks, stuff sacks or wallets out of supersacks, or even jackets perhaps. If you can co-brand messenger bags with the brewery name it could be a nice little positive for you and the maker. Good luck and thanks for not just tossing them in the dumpster.

Comment

We give ours to a local malter and to a couple of local fertilizer dealers. They're glad to have them. You might want to point out to your recycler that the bags are polypro, and hence easily recyclable.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Terminal Gravity Brewing,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
          X