Wlp080?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlp080?

I have a potential customer who wants us to use this yeast on a 15-BBL batch. Any recommendations on cream ale fermentation schedules to follow? Pitch rates? Maturation/lagering time?

White LABS does not have much to say about using this yeast in a commercial setting.
    Regards,
    Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company
    http://kererubrewing.co.nz

never brewed a professional batch from this yeast BUT....

As a homebrewer i really liked wlp080 yeast, the lager characteristics of it really end up making a nice crisp and bright beer.

That being said, as a homebrewer i didnt have temperature control, and was fermenting it in my basement which was probably 65-68 degrees and the beer probably spiked somewhere around 72 or 75. the beer still turned out awesome, the lager yeast strain in it must be one of the warmer lager strains.

There is also some consideration needed for repitching yeast. if im correct that yeast is a blend of lager and ale yeast, so you will definitely need to bottom crop if you harvest yeast. I repitched as a homebrewer and got the same results for several generations but i was worried at the time of the ale yeast overpowering the lager yeast or vice versa, not sure if this should be a consideration...

I really liked the beer it fermented. If i were to ferment it on a pro level i would start fermentation around 62-65 and then rise up at the end near full attenuation to more like 70 for a few days.

Comment

Working...
    X